1. Why Cheryl chose Strayed as her last name – the only one not given to her by a man.
2. How she ruined her life when her mom died, and how we can bear the unbearable.
3. Cheryl’s greatest lesson from her 3-month hike of the PCT, and her mom’s advice she uses everyday.
4. How to make peace with our ITS – “inner terrible someone” – who lives in each of us.
5. Why and how Cheryl is now exploring: “Can I be happy if my kids aren’t?”
Cheryl Strayed is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling memoir Wild, as well as the bestsellers Tiny Beautiful Things, Brave Enough, and Torch.
Wild was adapted into an Oscar-nominated film starring Reese Witherspoon and Laura Dern.
Tiny Beautiful Things is currently being adapted for a TV show for Hulu and will star Kathryn Hahn.
In addition to writing her widely acclaimed essays, stories and scripts, Strayed has hosted two hit podcasts for the New York Times — Sugar Calling and Dear Sugars, which she co-hosted with Steve Almond.
She lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband Brian Lindstrom and their two teenagers.
To learn more about listener data and our privacy practices visit: https://www.audacyinc.com/privacy-policy
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit https://podcastchoices.com/adchoices